Most of us are fairly careful about maintaining our homes and automobiles; but without careful, periodic attention to the garage, both can be for naught. Your garage door is the most prominent feature of your home – it accounts for up to two-thirds of what people see when they look at your house. Let it fall into unsightly disrepair at your own peril! Garage door maintenance is extremely easy. Here are just a few steps to take to make sure your garage door looks good and continues doing its job:
Every six months, you should
- Remove dirt and grime from the windows with regular glass cleaner.
- Wipe down the surface of the door using household detergent and water.
Once per year, you should
- Do a thorough inspection. Here are a few important things to check for:
- Are there any rollers with bent shafts, worn-out bearings, or broken wheels?
- Are any of the hinges bent or loose?
- Are there any missing or loose bolts or screws? If so, tighten them up.
- Are the extension spring-lift cables running properly in the pulleys? Is there any rubbing taking place?
If you run into any hiccoughs along the way, contact your Utah garage door repair experts!