At A Plus Garage Doors, we help Utahns install new garage doors on their homes and businesses in a variety of ways and styles. One type of garage door that is rising in popularity are aluminum doors, which are effective as a light and durable material that homeowners and businesses can use to create an aesthetically pleasing, yet highly functional garage door.
Types of Aluminum Garage Doors
What makes aluminum such an interesting material for garage doors is that there are two types of ways that it is primarily used in the industry, which means that you can bend it for a variety of styles. Here’s the two major types of aluminum garage doors:
- Standard: Standard aluminum doors are very similar to steel garage doors, and are typically just a change of material that make for a lighter door that is more resistant to weather changes. Likewise, aluminum doors are usually injected with extra insulation.
- Glass: Another common way that aluminum is used, often in conjunction with luxury homes, is by essentially creating a slotted aluminum frame that is filled in with reinforced windows. These types of garage door are actually mostly glass, but function because of the aluminum frame.
Benefits of Aluminum Garage Doors
There are several reasons why a home or business owner would want to utilize aluminum garage doors, regardless of the type of door. Here are some of the many benefits:
- Price: If you are getting a standard aluminum door, then you are getting a very similar look to a classic steel garage door, but at a very reduced price. In general aluminum garage doors are much less expensive than steel doors.
- Weather Resistance: Another important comparison to steel is in terms of weather resistance. First of all, aluminum is very resistant to rust, which means it is less likely to wear away from moisture, over time. In addition, both doors can be injected with insulation.
- Aesthetic: An aluminum garage door shares a very similar look to steel, which is a very popular style of garage door. In addition, aluminum frame doors are used for many types of sleek, modernist styles.
- Functionality: Aluminum is incredibly light, which means that it will put far less strain on your garage door opener and springs, over time. This makes it an exceptionally functional garage door material.
Contact for More Information
If you’d like to receive a quote on how much an aluminum garage door would cost you, or have any other questions about what type of garage door would be good for your property, then don’t hesitate to give our team a call, today. At A Plus Garage Doors, we pride ourselves in the personability and knowledgeability of our staff and technicians.